CLP holders who are interested in taking the driver’s skills examination near New Castle, Pennsylvania should refer to the CDL test cost and breakdown of fees, seen below:
- Payment in the form of a credit/debit card, cashier’s check or money order only will be accepted. (Payable to the Order: Truck Testing Services.) No personal checks or cash!
- Initial CDL A or B Exam Fee (1st Test) – $85.00
- Initial Truck Rental Fee (1st Test) – $150.00
- All Re-tests* Fees for any failed skill (Includes Truck Rental Fee) – $75.00
- **(Re-test fees are for any skills up to the 3 failed consecutive single skills test for PA, 4 for OH and 3 for WV segments attempted that are included in the current permit)
- Fee on a New Permit** (Includes Truck Rental Fee) – $235.00
- ** (This New Permit is a result of failing 3 (PA), 4 (OH), 3 (WV) test segments off the initial permit)
NOTE: Upon booking your exam you will be asked to submit paperwork that is necessary to schedule your exam. This information must be received by the Wednesday of the week prior to your exam or you will forfeit your testing time and all payments. Payment is required at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
If you incur a forfeiture due to any of the below reasons (See Notice), you will be required to pay the full amount of your scheduled test fee as listed above in order to re-schedule for the next available test slot.
You will forfeit your $235.00/$85.00/$75.00 Appointment Fees and CDL test costs for any of the following reasons:
- If you cannot keep your appointment, you must cancel 96 hours prior (4 days) to your test date.
- If you are considerably late or fail to appear for your appointment.
- You do not have a valid CDL Permit and your current state license at the time of your appointment.
- If you have a vehicle that will not pass Pre-trip inspection or qualify for the type of license you are testing for.
- If you fail the Pre-Trip you are finished and cannot continue testing and will have to re-schedule your test again. If you failed the Pre-trip you forfeit any money paid for the balance of the other scheduled skills tests for that day. You will need to pay $85.00 in order to re-schedule.
- If you decline or are unable to take ALL portions of the CDL test
- Tests will not be performed on placarded vehicles, towed units: No 102 wides, 53 ft. Trailers, Lowboys or RGNs.
***Fees subject to change without notice.